I asked Matt to watch the rest of the kids so Zach and I could have a night out. This is a 'first' and I loved every minute of it.
We put on our Sunday best and went to pick out a gift. We talked and laughed and talked some more. He practiced giving a firm handshake with me before we went through the receiving line, and his teacher said he looked so handsome in his suit. The end of the evening was the highlight, though.
I'd asked Zach to put the car keys in his suit because my skirt didn't have pockets, and as we reached the van I asked for the keys.
He gives me a thoughtful grin and says, "let the man take care of that," and then he proceeded to unlock the van and open my door.
Of course, I had to give him a kiss on the cheek for such gentlemanly behavior and we headed home.
Oh, I love, I love, I love being a Mom!

That's adorable! I hope Kason does that for me someday!
ReplyDeleteWhat a little Gentleman...that's a very sweet story...I love it.
ReplyDeleteZach is such a stud! Someday, "Lover-boy" is going to sweep some girl off her feet. Watch out girls!!
ReplyDeleteCan you PLEASE teach me how you raised such a speciman??? He is so adorable!
ReplyDeleteWe absolutely can't wait to see you guys!
He tugs at those heart strings. He looks dapper in his suit too!
ReplyDeleteHey Candace, I didn't know you had a blog! I'm so glad you found mine so that now I know about yours too. Your family is adorable!
ReplyDelete