Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Trip to California

October 15-19, 2009

This trip spanned 5 days and included 5 hotels and 26 hours of driving. The kids were amazingly good on the drive - I was seriously impressed. We broke up the driving each day with the real purpose of our trip which was visiting family. Unfortunately, I was so captivated when we were with these family groups that I COMPLETELY forgot to take pictures of each group! I do however, have pictures of our beautiful fishing detour in the Sierra Nevadas, our afternoon at the beach and our trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I also have a few with Matt's grandparents, Bert & Iona Wheable. It was a precious, bitter-sweet time with them as we expressed our love to Grandma for what is probably the last time. We LOVE them and are so grateful for their love, their lifelong service to Matt and their examples in all of our lives.

Fishing in the Sierra Nevada Mountains




San Carlos Beach, Monterey, California


Jared kept reaching out to catch the birds that swooped down along the shoreline.
Lauren found a huge jellyfish and Zach stepped on it!
Fortunately he wasn't stung... Whew!


Monterey Bay Aquarium
with Grandma Barbara & Adam


Big Grandpa & Little Grandma
We love you

5 comments:

  1. Candace, that last picture of you with Matt's grandma is beautiful! You're so pretty! I love your family. I'm glad you guys had a good time! Our prayers are with Matt's grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved having you guys come! I think it is probably a good thing that we didn't get a picture of the seven children and four adults we had shoved in our 750 sq foot apartment. Thank goodness for chicken nuggets...and yummy Indian food :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun trip. I'm glad your kids were good on the road trip...that's always a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks absolutely dreamy! I love all aquariums. Why wasn't I invited? I could have been your personal shopper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pix. This trip was priceless.

    G. Hunny

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...