Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Letter to Lauren



Lauren,

First of all, you are getting more beautiful every day. Such a beauty inside and out!
You've grown so much; I'm simply amazed at the young lady you're becoming.

When Jared was born, you said so passionately, "Mom, I love him so much! I just want to help you do everything for him (dress him, feed him, change his diapers) I really, really love him!"

And then you showed your love by doing all those things again and again. I can think of half a dozen times when I was desperately trying to fix dinner and Jared sat cranky and crying until you came and scooped him into your arms (giving comfort to him & me) and then he calmed right down and fell asleep in your lap.

This Sunday, I was racing to get the boys ready for church while Dad was at meetings. You came upstairs ready to go and I said, "Lauren, will you get Jared dressed?" and you said, "Of course." (And this isn't the first time that's happened.)

When we went hiking, Max had climbed to high and was paralyzed with fear at the thought of coming back down. Without being asked, you hiked up to him and sat down in front of him so he could lean against you as you crab-walked down the face of mountain. It took a long time to travel that way, and you were so patient with him.

In general, you've really worked hard to be more patient with your brothers and more cheerful. Grandma told me when you were golfing in the rain, most of the boys had gotten fed up and just wanted to drive the cart, but you kept playing with a smile.

You conquered your fear of the diving board and super-speed water slides this summer and now you totally enjoy them. I am so proud of you!

You've tried to be more responsible about chores without being reminded. At school, you're compassionate and kind to those who need it most - even your teachers notice it.

You really desire to do what's right. I'm so thankful that you're my beautiful daughter. I love you!

Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...