Monday, November 7, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving


I do love the Christmas season; and I even like to hear the Christmas music already in the stores 
and on the radio. However, I still think we should give another wonderful holiday it's due. So...

Happy Thanksgiving! 




I don't do a lot to decorate my house for the each holiday, but I like to do two things:
1) Hang something festive on the front door
and
2) Create a holiday display on our small side table in the dining room. It's about 1'x3'.

The Thanksgiving display is one of my favorites, so I thought I'd share.
2 twig garlands of fall colored berries
1 spool of leaf print ribbon
1 bag of small faux gourds & acorns (about 8)
3 colorful faux maize cobs
1 bag of fabric fall leaves
1 pumpkin topiary
"Give Thanks" tile and stand
"Give Thanks" turkey and harvest letters
2 maple-leaf candlestick holders & Maize candles
I actually have a cornucopia shaped basket as well, but it's in storage,
so the display has more of a scattered look this year. It's fun to change the arrangement each year too. Every few years, I'll pull out an item that looks worn and add something new.
I've tried using real gourds, acorns and leaves, and they're fun as well.
I love fall colors - they're so warm. It's a great contrast to the cold air outside,
and it makes me thankful for warm food, a warm home,
and the warm little lambs' that I get to snuggle up with.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...