Thursday, December 29, 2011

Does anyone like to interpret dreams?....

I’m hiking up a canyon when, I come over a hill and the scenery changes to winter. Suddenly, I’m sliding down the hillside and rocket off the side of the cliff. I free fall into a bridge of ice that cracks and drops 50 feet into a vast river that is mostly covered with ice, but the center has started to melt and is flowing rapidly. I’m clinging to this ice float that was once part of the ‘bridge’ and everywhere I look, I see a hungry crocodile swimming. The river is about to divide into a series of canyons and I think I know which one to take, but steering the ice float on this raging river is almost impossible. As I pass the canyon I thought I should take, I look down it’s length and see a that it’s made up of buildings from old civilizations and I know that it can’t take me home. I realize that I’m completely disoriented as I turn back to the main river and it’s divisions. I can’t get off the float because the icy shores are all crumbling and changing. I’m trying to decide where to try to steer when I wake up with my heart racing, muscles tense and trying to catch my breath... 

What are your thoughts? Advice?

4 comments:

  1. Dreams are so interesting. I always have vivid and realistic type dreams. I have a degree in psychology and there are some who will tell you that your dream suggests that you are feeling lack of control with certain aspects of your life (floating on the ice, not being able to control the direction you go). The crocodiles represent the fears you have. I don't know that I really believe in dream analysis- just because I've had people try to interpret my dreams and some of it couldn't be further from the truth... but I know what you mean about waking up with heart racing. I have often awakened with tears streaming down my face from both crying and laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...that seriously stressed me out! That is awful. But...I know what the dream means. Here it goes...you guys need to move to the Bay Area. I am not sure exactly what each of the different parts mean, but I do know that if you don't move out here soon, a hungry crocodile might be in your near future. We will start looking for houses for you :)
    We miss you so much! Love you!
    PS. We LOVED LOVED our Christmas gift...I have been meaning to call you to tell you and I will soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Call your Mother! love ya Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably not what you are looking for, but my thought was, "Have you seen Mulan recently? Have you read "The Chronicles of Narnia?" because your dream sounds a lot like scenes from them...actually I have crazy dreams like that quite often...I usually try to ponder for a while to see if I can learn something from them (usually because sleep has "fled" for a time)...How are you doing? Are you feeling a little out of control...like you are trying to steer an ice berg? Motherhood can be like that...you are not alone...I'll be waving at you from my iceberg. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...