Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patricks & Pinterest

I first heard of Pinterest as my Facebook friends began to confess their addictions to this time vacuum in their posts. As usually, I was pretty swamped with life, so decided I should avoid it.

I managed to dodge the bullet for a few months and then Lauren started asking about what "the leprechaun" was planning for St. Patrick's day, and this leprechaun was just plain out of fresh ideas.

Enter Pinterest... Oh, how I love thee!

My sister Kelli opened my mind to the possibilities by actually putting Pinterest to use, and not just getting sucked into the void. She's a crafter, and has declared 2012 "the year of the wreath." She's showed me the amazing wreaths she's making this year which were inspired by her Pinterest collection. Love it! She should blog about it - hint, hint, Kelli :D

So this is Pinterest at work for my family on St Patty's...

"The Leprechaun" found inspiration for the following:
"Cups of gold" for breakfast, which are the easiest little omelettes ever made!!! They were devoured so quickly that I don't have any pictures!
The recipe below makes 6 "cups of gold," so I tripled it for my big fam.
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 tsp salt
- your favorite mix-ins of ham cubes, bacon, spinach, broccoli, onion, tomoat, bell pepper, and cheese.
Bake in greased muffin tin @ 350* for 25 mins. YUM!!!

Everyone got to create their own cups of gold by choosing their mix-ins from a tray of ham, cheese, and veggies that I chopped up last night. My kids LOVE hands on food activities, and Zach even added some food coloring to his, so he literally had green eggs and ham. :D

The leprechaun also left some lucky charms cereal, pinch-proof-potion (milk with green food coloring,) and a rainbow "I love you" for my little lads and lasses.

Finally, he left a "Recipe for Mischief" but didn't explain what it was, just the directions for its creation. The kids whipped up this mystery mischief while the "cups of gold baked," and they had a blast!

- 1 tsp leprechaun powder (borax)
- 1 cup water
*mix and set aside. In a medium bowl combine the following:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Elmer's glue (white or clear, but my kids preferred the clear)
- food coloring
* add the leprechaun's mixture to the bowl and stir until it thickens. Next, use your hands to knead the leprechaun slime/puddy/. Little effort ... BIG FUN!
We had a great morning as a family!

Thank you, Pinterest!
And a Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...