
The cooling weather must be imitating spring because love is in the air, and Cupid's arrow is aimed at Max (age 4)...
I'm driving Max to his soccer game and he's telling me about his friends at school.
Max: Mom, I've got two best friends... no THREE best friends.
Me: That's great, what are their names. (I'm thinking Tanner and Jon and who else?)
Max: Savannah... Tanner... and Jon
Me: Savannah, huh? (Who's Savannah? And she even got top billing!)
Max: (starts giggling) Mom, I've got to tell you something... I'm in loooove with Savannah.
Me: What? Why do you say you're in love with Savannah?
Max: Because she kissed me.
Me: (shocked laugh) What? Max you're too young to be kissing girls
Max: Well, Jaden told her to do it so she kissed me on the lips, and I kissed her on the cheek.
Me: Does your teacher know about this?
Max: No!
Me: Well what does Savannah look like?
Max: hmm... She has blackish-purplish hair
Me: Are you sure about that? That's a pretty unusual hair color.
(and I haven't seen any punked-out preschoolers scamper out of the school.)
Me: Well, what color are her eyes?
Max: Hmmm? I don't know. I think they're red
Me: Are we talking about a little girl or an alien?
Max: (laughing) NO, she's not an alien! She's just a girl!
Me: Well all right. You'll have to let me meet her when I take you to preschool next time, okay?
Max: Okay, Mom
Me: And Max... friends are great, but I don't think there should be any kissing at preschool.
Max: Okay Mom. If Jaden tells her to kiss me, I'll just say,
"We're friends, but we don't have to kiss."
Me: That's a good plan. I really like that plan!
*Do you think that plan will work when he's 16? Hmm...?
Oh so cute! I think that you better look out for Savannah...I got Scott to fall in love with my with my purple hair and red eyes! It gets 'em every time!
ReplyDeleteI love these stories!
I've had this same type of conversation last year with EmberLee. Her and Daric are Boyfriend, Girlfriend she was telling me. I had to put a cut to that one. It came up also at Parent Teacher Conference. I told her, dating is only for people that are trying to learn what kind of daddy they are trying to find for their kids when they older. I asked her if She was ready to be making babies at 4 years old. She decided that Daric is cute, but maybe when she's a lot older. Like big enough to drive. I love the age when kids aren't afraid of cooties, but they're still learning what's ok and what's not ;) fun times.
ReplyDeleteFreaking hilarious. We have a girl chasing after Tyson right now. She's also about two feet taller than the kid. I'd come to you for tips but looks like you're all tied up with a purple haired and red eyed girl that may or may not exist. :)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness Candace your kids kill me! I love the innocence! Sounds like Savannah's looks would be perfect to play in Twilight ;) We miss you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteI think it is great that you have a son & daughter that will share these very personal matters with you. That says a lot about your relationship with your cute kids. I know you will devise a creative way when they are 16 to still get them to share with you. Lots of love to those cute kids!
ReplyDelete