Friday, March 5, 2010

2010: February Review

I've decided to take a leaf from my friend Nancy's book and do a summary post at the end of each month. Here we go:

Matt & Candace:We celebrated our 15th Wedding Anniversary on February 10th, though it took us a couple of weeks to get to the actual celebrating. We've both been plugging away at Weight Watchers and are each down a pants size - YAY! Matt is SWAMPED with his new business. That's great in many ways, but we really miss him at home. Please keep him in your prayers. His grandmother died on Feb. 23 and by providence he was already flying to California two days later. I joined him a couple of days later to attend the viewing and graveside service. We're really grateful for the opportunity to spend time with his family. The service was beautiful - Little Grandma would love it. Matt's faith in the gospel is so strong, I think it's given him a great sense of peace. The following picture is of Matt's Mom and her siblings at the viewing.
(Barbara, Melodee, Kit, Micheal)

Lauren: WINNER at the school science fair...and then a WINNER at the District Science fair! Way to go, Lauren!!! She'll be presenting her project at the Regional Science and Engineering Fair in March. We are so proud of her hard work.

Zach: Celebrated his 9th Birthday! I can't believe how much he's grown. Zach wanted a family celebration at Trafalga (special thanks to Uncle Joe & Aunt Naomi for that party ;D They gave us a family pass for Christmas - it was perfect!) We had a great day!


Zach's greatest wish is being fulfilled in connection with his birthday. Our family will be getting a Wii (as soon as any exist in Utah) I finally CAVED, though it won't belong exclusively to Zach. This is the joy on their faces at the news...
Gabe: Got another prize from the class treasure box because he's been so quiet and obedient. He got straight A's on his report card and we're so proud of his hard work. At Zach's birthday party, he managed to pull a 3 foot tall Elmo out of a claw game - I'm stilled amazed. As a side note, we'd like to congratulate Gabe on his upcoming marriage. He announced that he plans to marry Princess Leia "in the gold bazookey." (I'm insisting she convert and put more clothes on first.)
Max: Age 4 going on 25. I think that Zach's birthday celebration set him thinking about his own birthday, which is not until the end of July. He keeps saying, "Mom, it's taking SOOOO long for my birthday to come!" He was hoping Christmas or his preschool graduation would get here in the mean time, but no such luck. He had his first black eye (a first for the whole family.) Gabe shoved the ottoman into Max's backside, which shoved Max's face into the fireplace rocks. On another side note, we'd like to express heartfelt appreciation to the legion of guardian angels who frequently prevent blindness and concussions in our home.
Jared: WALKING!!! He'll walk across an entire room when he feels like it, but he's still more interested in speed so he often chooses to crawl. His favorite things to do lately are clap, grin while shaking his head "No," eat disgusting things out of the garbage and give BIG wet slobbery kisses. We ADORE him! His favorite experience this month was going to the Children's Discovery Museum. It's the first time he's been old enough to really PLAY there. He had a blast!
Final note, I think that we're all anxious for Spring to arrive. Let's hope that March will be sunny and warm.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your wedding anniversary and congrats to Lauren! She did so well in the Science fair! We got a Wii for Christmas and our kids are really enjoying it. it is fun to read what your family is up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mystery is solved...I've been wondering what happened to your blog. Glad you are back.

    Happy Anniversary! 15 years is big! I remember thinking that when you hit 10 years. We'll hit that milestone in two years. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this month in review is a great idea! I think I'll start doing years in review though...Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update! I love to see the pix. Kisses and hugs to the munchkins for me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...