We just arrived home from our 6-day-whirl-wind-trip to St. George & California.
Highs & Lows of the Trip:
Saturday: I completed my first triathlon and still felt well enough to go on a five mile bike ride with the family. Woo-hoo! Of course, I was eating humble pie when I couldn't get my biking shoe unclipped fast enough and took a humiliating spill on the trail. (I can't even photograph the bruises - they're in equally embarrassing places.) Max was pedaling his heart out for the first 4 1/2 miles of the bike ride. For a kid who just learned to ride without trainging wheels, he was amazing! But he came to an abrupt stop on the last 1/2 mile of the trail and it took three adults to get him home. I hadn't uttered one word of complaint he just hit a 'wall' and couldn't move another foot. He couldn't seem to recover. That night we drove to California for our Disney trip, and in the middle of the night Max developed a fever and was throwing up. Poor sweet boy!
Sunday: Church and driving forever...
Monday morning - our first day of Disney - torrential downpour! But it cleared by 11 am and Max had some extra rest and medication and wanted to brave the park. Obviously we slowed our touring pace a bit and made sure to break each afternoon for a nap at the hotel, but it turned out to be a good first day.
Tuesday: My favorite part was shutting down the park with my roller-coaster-riding-buddies, Lauren & Gabe, as the fireworks burst over our heads as though the show had been specially planned for us! Lauren develops a fever and terrible cough that night. Our fun is not going as planned. :-S
Wednesday: Max jumps out of his seat at the end of star tours and yells, "THAT WAS AWESOME!!!" The woman sitting in front of us turned around laughing and said, "That's what it's all about, right there."
More fun at Disney and then Matt catches the virus, sigh... :-(
Thursday: I'm driving home, and all is quiet in the car when
Zach suddenly says "Mom, you know what I love best about you?"
Me: "What?"
Zach: "Everything... you're awesome."
(Be still my heart! I'm still swooning over that one.)
Well we're home... I'm sure we infected the entire theme park... maybe next time will be better.
No comments:
Post a Comment