Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Kids say the darndest things...

When I was growing up, my Mom would sometimes call a child or an object by the wrong name and then laugh it off and say, "I got my Mords Wixed up!" I always loved that joke. We get our words mixed up a lot around here. These are a few from the past week:

The Scene: Tuesday morning and I just got everyone except Max and Jared out the door to school.
Max: Mom, can I watch that new cartoon?
Me: No bud, we have some things we need to do and the show isn't on right now.
Max: But Mom! I really want to watch it!
Me: I understand that, but that cartoon is only on TV on Saturday morning.
Max: (VERY serious now) But mom, it's a-poh-priate.
Me: (chuckling) Yes... the cartoon is appropriate, but that still doesn't change the day of the week.

The Scene: We're watching a DVD and the leading couple meet at a beautiful little French Cathedral to speak with the priest before their wedding.
Zach sees the building a exclaims, "Oh! Its a Cathadelic church!"
Me: I think you mean Catholic, Zach
Zach: That's what I said, "Catholodelic"
Matt: No, Zach, just Cath-o-lic
Zach: Oh!

The Scene: A quiet moment with Zach where I can ask him about how he's adjusting to his new school.
Me: So Zach, have you been getting to know some more people at school? Do you feel like you're making new friends?
Zach: Yea, actually I have.
Me: Well that's great! What are their names.
Zach: Hmmm... I don't really know... but I know they're Republicans!
*I really had to laugh over that one. Where does he get this stuff? 

The Scene: Max is waiting on the porch for me to come unlock the door after his soccer game.
Max: Mom? (He's stops and is trying to think of the right word) Can I push this ??? Ding-dong thing?

The Scene: Max had been rebelling at the prospect of making his bed, but now he's on task, and I notice he's doing a very nice job.
Me: Max your bed is really looking great.
Gabe: (peeks over the top bunk) Wow, Max! It really does look great.
Max: Yah, Gabe. I have Skeells! I have some REALLY good SKEELLS!
Gabe: Max, you're funny
Max: That means I'm her-larious. Funny is herlarious and herlarious is funny.

I have to agree with Max. I think my kids are HER-LARIOUS!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, these are all so cute Candace! I especially love the one with Zach and his republican friends... Herlarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you take notes during your day when these things happen??? I'm always watching for blog moments. I've been known to take notes. Just wondering :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...