Quote of the Week:
Me: Zach, you have some AMAZING qualities, but humility is not one of them.
Zach: (Laughing) Well, who needs that?!
While Matt was working in Texas this week, I did a make-over on his office. He had his computers on the right side of the desk and his workspace on the left, but this was really awkward because he's right-handed. He also desperately needed a way to keep some reference books handy (and not falling over,) and an organizer for office supplies and his gum addiction. I found the double cube organizer and shelves at Walmart for $27, a couple of supply organizers at office depot, and rearranged the desk with the work space to the right. He's had a chance to use it for a couple of days, and so far so good. Yay! It was nice to be able to help him.
Jared was hit hard by the stomach flu this week. It started with a round of vomiting as I dropped the kids off at school. Rounds 2 through 5 were at home along with a diaper explosion that was just... unspeakable. I thought he was over the worst of it by Wednesday, but as we pulled into the church parking lot for Zach's Pack Meeting on Thursday night, Matt went to get Jared out of van and found that he'd vomited all over himself. Ugh! I rushed the rest of the kids inside, while Matt took Jared home to clean him up. I wish we could have just called it a night and gone home, but Zach was receiving his Bear Award and 3 Arrow Heads that night, so we really had to be there.

Matt and Jared made it back to the meeting just in time for Zach to be presented with his awards, but shortly afterward, Lauren was hit by the demon virus and made a mad dash to the restroom... sigh. Zach is really excited about completing his Bear Achievements - We're really proud of you, buddy - but needless to say, we had to go home early.
Lauren and Jared still felt miserable on Friday, so Lauren stayed home from school. I think the misery came in waves. When Jared felt awful, he cried and wanted to be held all of the time, and when he felt better, he did things like this.
I failed to clear the breakfast dishes before getting ready for the day, and Jared decided that the sugar shaker was his personal “sand box.” He thinks he’s so funny.
I think that God makes little people incredibly adorable, so we can forgive them very quickly. ;D
The boys had a good first ski lesson two weeks ago, but getting them to the lesson with all 5 kids was more than a little difficult. When my Mom heard about it, she insisted on helping me today, and things went so much more smoothly. THANK YOU, MOM!The boys were fed, outfitted and in their meeting spot 5 minutes early - I’m almost never early - it was AWESOME! I only wish that the pick-up had gone as smoothly.
Gabe decided to completely cast off my instruction for meeting at the end of the lesson. I KNOW he understood them, because he repeated them back to me earlier. Instead of obeying and waiting with Zach, he chose to take the ski lift up the mountain with his friend. Zach even spotted me walking towards them, and told Gabe moments before he got on the lift. So, Zach and I waited on the freezing hillside for more than 40 minutes for Gabe to reappear. However, it turned out to be a great lesson in obedience - Don't you just LOVE natural consequences?!
Soon after Gabe got off the lift and began skiing, he had a bad fall and his skis came off. He realized that he was just too worn out to put them back on and ski, so he carried them (tripping and sliding) down the mountain. (I could never have punished him as much as he punished himself - it was poetic justice.) I can be happy about this because he was just miserable and sorry he didn't obey, and there were no major injuries in conjunction (that was a direct answer to my prayers as we waited for those long, anguishing minutes on the mountain.) When I spotted him and saw the trouble he was having, I hiked up the last hill and helped him get his skis back on to come the rest of the way down. He was exhausted, and humbled and I'm convinced that this will never happen again.



No comments:
Post a Comment