Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The LONE Ranger


The scene: I'm fixing lunch and Maximus rides into the kitchen to make an announcement.
Max: Mom, I'm NEVER going on dates!

Me: Well, it will be a long time before your old enough to date so that's fine; but out of curiosity, what makes you say that?

Max: Because I do NOT want to kiss girls!

When I stop laughing...

Me: Well, just so you know. You don't HAVE to kiss the girl on your date. The purpose of a date is to get to know each other and have some fun together. You don't HAVE to kiss.

Max: Fffhhewff! That was a close one, mom!

Me: Yup! You dodged that bullet! But I think you'll probably want to go on date's one day, and you might even change your mind about kissing.

Max: Maaaayyybeee, but now...(with that Max mischievous smile) I'm just going to give kisses to my Sweet Mommy.

And the Lone Ranger rides over to give me a kiss and ride off into the sunset (or the living room...)
Ooooohhh! That boys just charms me to pieces! Heaven help the girl(s) he eventually does want to kiss because they are going to be in serious danger of falling for his charms!



2 comments:

  1. We need to do a segment on what Max has named his horse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! He really will be someone's knight in shining armor one day. But I think by then hopefully he won't be riding around on that stick horse!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...