"It's a girl," the tech says.
Matt's fists shoot into the air with a victory cry! (He loves to be right.)
Lauren is motionless.
"Did you hear that Lauren?" I ask, "She says she 90% certain it's a girl."
"Yah, I heard," she nods with a look of consternation.
I can understand her misgivings.
She's been lead astray by these "percentages" before.
"You see those three dots," the tech points out, "Well, that's a really strong indication that it's a girl."
I squint at the screen to see if it can be true.
Another girl?!
I start picturing all the adorable little dresses and shoes that I pass by in the stores.
I tell Matt that I want to "make do" with my old oversized maternity clothes,
so I can spend the money shopping for a little girl.
Later that night, Lauren ask suspiciously, "Mom, are they really SURE it's a girl?"
Well, my sweet daughter, it's either a girl or we've got our THIRD false alarm.
If you've had an ultrasound and can make out this picture...
What do YOU think?

SO SO SO excited for you guys. I wish I could be of some help to you on the ultrasound...but girls are foreign to us :)
ReplyDeleteSo fun to make it a family experience too. That is really so much fun! I bet the kids will remember that their whole life.
I am excited to hear the names that are being considered!
oh, man! You are so tricky! I didn't know you were supposed to click on the link...thanks for giving me a heads up! Congrats on your girl (I hope!!!!)
ReplyDeleteIt's totally a girl!!!! Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys...and for me. We need more girls in the Wright family.
ReplyDeleteShe's a girl, CONGRATS!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd by the way, you are very tricky. I liked it.:) Fun post!
ReplyDeleteOK that was seriously intense! So intense I literally sssh-ed Joel when he was talking and said "I'm finding out right now if Candace is having a girl!" And you are! Congratulations to you and your wonderful family! (Oh and coming from someone who has had over 40 ultrasounds, I'm 99% it's a girl. The three dots are your giveaway of "parts" and if they are still there in your next appointment, which they do not disappear, then it's 100%! Oh and ultrasounds frighten me so I felt those feelings in your post just hoping for a healthy baby. Since Tyson we have requested to skip the routine and go straight to the abdomen first.) :)
ReplyDeleteIf it is a girl, that will make your family almost exactly like the one I grew up in! I was the oldest girl, then four boys, then one more girl on the end. I was 12 when my sister was born, so not much older than Lauren. Therefore, I think it's definitely a girl. :)
ReplyDeleteThat's how all of my girl ultrasound gender photos have looked with those three little lines/dots. Here's hoping!
ReplyDeleteOh, Candace! I am SOOO incredibly excited for you guys!! I just feel bad for whatever guy tries to ask her out since he'll have to go through a big sis, 4 brothers, and Matt! :)
ReplyDelete