Thursday, September 30, 2010

From the mind of Max

Okay, anyone who has a conversation with Max knows that he's hilarious. These are just a few of the conversations we've had this week...

SAFE!
Several of Max's friends have been asking to play with him outside of school, but since I don't know their families, I told him that he can't go anywhere unless I know that the parents and the home are safe. Well, apparently Max told his friends about this rule. So, when I picked him up from school on Tuesday he jumped into the van and announced, "MOM, Jenna told me to tell you that her Mom is SAFE!" and then he collapsed into his seat, like "That just takes care of the whole problem!" 

WORKIN' MAN
I let Jared have a taste of 24 oz strawberry banana shake as we drove in the car. I thought, "This shake is really thick, and the lid and straw are really well sealed, I think he'll be fine for a minute." WRONG!!!!
He THREW the shake at the window of the van. It was everywhere!!! The window seam, the carpet, on his seat, under the seat, on the running board and the into the wheel well where the door rolls open and shut.
NIGHTMARE MESS!!!
Max was my awesome helper. He fetched paper towels, ran Jared's clothes to the laundry and used his little arm to clean in the tight spaces.
I  LOVE HIM!
We finish and I say, "Max, go wash your hands now, okay."
Max: "Wash my hands??? Oh yah, 'cuz I'm feelin' a LOT of dirty work!"

YES, SENSAI!
Max:     Mom, why don't you let us take Karate lessons?
Me:      Well, we looked into it, but in order for all four kids to take lessons, it would cost $400 a month and that's just to expensive with all the other things you guys participate in.
(The wheels in his brain turn for approximately 2 seconds...)
Max:    Hmm.... Well, what if just ONE boy took lessons and then taught everyone else?
Me:      And were you thinking that boy would be YOUUU?
Max:    Yah.... Then I could go to Karate, and I would come home and teach my brothers everything! I'd be a.... Karate teacher!
(and then in 2 seconds more it was as though his idea became a reality)
Max:  (Nodding Matter-of-factly) Yah. I'm a karate teacher.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I just love these! He just sounds so old! I can't believe it. We need to hear more of these hilarious Max stories!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...