![]() |
| Dough balls for freezing |
My Mom eventually ran into this copycat recipe, and it became our family's favorite. I made a batch for the bake sale last week, and was reminded of how yummy they are. This batch makes 60 cookies (using my cookie scoop.) *I can fit 15 cookies on a baking sheet.
I baked half of the batch immediately, and used the following trick for the remaining dough. I make dough balls with my cookie scoop and store them in a tupperware container in the freezer. If I'm putting multiple layers of dough in the container, I simply separate them by cutting a circle of wax paper. This freezer method is SO convenient. Cookies are ready to bake in a snap. It's much easier than pulling out a log or lump of hard-as-a-rock dough and trying to cut uniform cookies. I highly recommend this tip!
And now for the recipe...
Mrs. Field's
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 lb. butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1/4 cup, white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 regular bag chocolate chips
- 1/2 to 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Cream butter and sugar together, and then add the remaining ingredients in the order listed.
Make sure the dough itself is well blended before adding chocolate chips and nuts.
Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cool slightly.
*These cookies are heavenly when eaten warm. Enjoy!

Oh, I am SOOO incredibly glad you shared this recipe. You should know that before I even finished reading the entire post, I went to make sure we had all the ingredients in the kitchen so that I can make these this afternoon with the kids. Oh, I can't wait for 3:00pm now! Thanks for making my day so happy Candace!
ReplyDeleteI made these last night and delivered them to friends for mother's day! They turned out SO yummy!! Thanks for the recipe!
ReplyDelete