Testimony meeting was uncommonly good.
During Ward Counsel, the Bishop had invited ward leaders to share their testimonies today, so we heard from people with strong testimonies of our Savior and of the plan of salvation. The spirit in the meeting was beautiful, and I felt touched by everyone who spoke.
I was particularly impressed by the testimony of a young man in our ward. This week held several moving experiences for him. He told us of going to the temple to do baptisms for the dead, and somehow he cut his hand while in the temple. He was lead through several areas of the temple in search of a first aid kit, and he testified so sincerely of how he could feel the Spirit in the Baptismal area... in the hall ways... in the rooms... and even in the laundry area. It was a beautiful testimony-building experience for this young man as he realized that the Spirit of the Lord permeated every space in the temple. It is truly the house of God.
He then shared an experience about picking up his date from prom, and as he met his date and looked at her, he thanked her for dressing modestly for the dance.
I LOVED THAT!!!
What would this world be like if girls understand their value as daughters of God and not as objects of gratification? What if they knew they could be appreciated and recognized for being beautiful while maintaining the highest standards?
I have a feeling I'll be sharing this story with my sons and daughter(s) repeatedly.
This young man is not sappy or unusually spiritual. He's a regular kid who's letting the gospel work in his life, and the growth the gospel brings is truly amazing!
He testified of faith-building experiences that I hope my kids will have one day, and I just had to share it with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment