Friday, April 1, 2011

Family Friday: April 1st, 2011

Max's Quotes of the Week
"These girl's are Goooood Catchin'!"
(He was trying to catch the chicken's to put them in their coop.)

"Mom, how old do you have to be to kiss girls?"
(he was asking about real girls... not chickens ;D)

Monday
My in-laws were in town on Monday night. They came for a visit and took our family to dinner. Our  time with them always flies so quickly. Coming here was a "get-away" for Matt's sister's spring break, and they're doing some skiing and sight-seeing.
Thank you for a great visit!

Lauren
Lauren had another eventful week. Her final report on Sweden was due on Tuesday. Then she had to prepare an oral book report for Thursday, and finally her country fair with display and food samples happened today. Everything turned out well, and Jared and I went to visit the country fair and show our support for her work.


Soccer
Max and Gabe each scored three goals at their first soccer games this week, but Zach was pretty upset that he didn't score any. He's so hard on himself - it makes me sad. It seemed like every boy on the field was still getting back into the swing of running outside after a long winter. Hang in there buddy - the season is young.
Max is #11

Thursday
Thursday was Candace's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. I'm not talking Greek Tragedy, it's just that everything I endeavored to do was met with one obstacle or small catastrophe after the next. Some mishaps were of my own making and many were created by my children. Let's just say that I spent two-and-a-half hours driving back and forth from the kids' school, overdid a weightlifting workout so my limbs are like pain-filled spaghetti noodles, wrestled a cranky & screaming toddler much of the day (which was almost impossible in my limp noodle condition,) completely missed the scout pack meeting and Zach and Gabe's first soccer games, lost track of two children, and then part of the fridge broke which smashed a brand new 1 gallon jar of dill pickles all over the kitchen floor. Aaaarrrrrgh!!!

Friday
Friday is normally the day we deep clean the house, but I blew off the chores completely.
The sun was shining in a clear blue sky, and the temperature reached into the glorious 70's;
so I took the kids on a picnic and then swimming right after school.
The chores will still be there tomorrow, but today was a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Candace, Just for the record...you are the best and I don't say that lightly. Reading about thursday made me think about conference and how they said that President Monson never gets down on life. I just like the fact that Friday was a new day and you bounced back. I'm pretty sure that I could have spent all weekend being upset so kudos to you for having a President Monson moment. AND you're also the best just because you are you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy, you are so sweet. We need another update on what's going on in YOUR life! Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...