Friday, March 11, 2011

Family Friday: March 11th, 2011

Please excuse the long absence. The latest virus at our house just wiped me out, and I took a break from everything that wasn't critical to life support for me and the kids.

Everybody
Wednesday Morning I woke up to a flat tire. Not fun. What was worse was the fact that I couldn't pull the tire off the car once it was raised and I had the bolts off. I tugged and blistered my hands for 15 minutes. I read the owners manual and couldn't find anything else to do so, after calling my dad for advice, he suggested that I call the dealer.
I got these words of wisdom from their service department
uttered in monosyllabic grunts.
"kick. it."
Thanks.
At this point, my neighbor Sheila came over and when I told her the advice I just got, she just karate booted that tire like a pro. It worked! Thank you grunt-man and Sheila. We had the tire changed within 5 minutes after that. And I could finally take the healthy kids to school. I also loved that my dad called back to check on me and how things were going. It just helps to know when someone cares.

Thursday was the first time I planned and conducted a Webelos meeting. I thought it went pretty well. I got this review from Zach when his dad asked how it went...
Zach: (shoulder shrug) "fine."
Thanks buddy. I'll try to make it better for you next time.
The truth is that the other boy, Hyrum, was doing a lot of talking during the activity. I was getting to know him better, which was important for Hyrum and me, but not riveting for Zach. Plus we're working on the Artist Pin, which is not Zach's favorite thing, but it was a big hit with Hyrum.

I feel like my belly is ballooning as I type. I'm starting to freak out a little bit as the number on the scale goes up. Logically, I know I will gain weight during the pregnancy - It's important in developing a healthy baby - but I've been a surprised by how difficult it's been for me emotionally. Maybe that was just one more part of the rut I felt I was in this week.

The kids had Thursday and Friday out of school for teacher comp days, and by then we were mostly feeling better. So in order to shake things up and get us out the rut, I suggested that the kids have a late-over party. Each school age child invited two friends. The kids mostly picked friends from school, or friends they don't get to see very often. (so if you're child didn't attend, please don't be offended, my house can only hold so many children without becoming a fire hazard.) It was a good experience - especially for the kids to build friendships outside of school or rekindle old friendships.

Zach and Gabe had their last ski lesson today. They were excited that they went up to the second stop on the ski lift (twice.) Zach really had a confront his fear of heights with this, but I'm so proud that he did it, and he's feeling good about it too. The boys have asked to take ski lessons again next year, and I'm hoping to talk Lauren into it the next time around.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Max
Quote #1:
Max: "Mom, I'm thinking of a word that starts with guh, guh, guh...
And it ends with Ooooooh. Can you guess what it is?"
Me: (laughing)"Is it GO?"
Max: "You got it!!! ..... I was just testing how smart you are."
oh good. I'm so glad I passed. ;D

Quote #2 took place as we were driving to the library.
"Mom, why do they call it the LIE - BURY, cuz it sounds like they lie in there
..... and they bury dead people."

Max, thank you for making me laugh. :D



1 comment:

  1. missed your posts! Hope everyone is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...