Friday, March 18, 2011

Family Friday: March 18th, 2011





Zach
has an ear infection so we went to the doctor this afternoon for an antibiotic. He's also sporting his first black eye. Max and Zach were cleaning the living room and neither one of them wanted to put away a hardbound book. So Zach had a brilliant plan. "Let's throw the book at each other, and the person who gets hit with it, has to put it away..."
Where do little boys come up with this stuff?!?!?
Zach never imagined that his five-year-old brother would have such a deadly aim. Anyway, Zach tried to dodge the book, but it nicked his left cheek bone and gave him quite a shiner.
Next time guys... just put the book on the shelf. :S
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Max
had a relapse of separation anxiety when I dropped him off at school on Monday and Tuesday. It was pretty rough, but he somehow managed to snap out of it. By Wednesday, he happily ran into school without a problem. Whew!

He's also been working so hard to earn money this week. He helped me stain both of the raised garden beds along with the bench in the yard. We had such a great time working together. Max was just a chatter box. He talked to me about friends, school, girls who were trying to kiss him in class and some of his wild dreams - I loved every minute with him!

Quote of the Week 
max: "Mom, can sheep drain the energy out of cars?"
me: (laughing) "What?!"
max:  "Never mind... it's probably something only Dad would know."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jared
is getting opinionated about everything. I used a black table cloth for our St. Patrick's Day breakfast and he found it deeply offensive. He was screaming, "No Mom, NO!!!" and trying to push it off the table. He insists on washing his hands by standing on a stool - NO ONE is supposed to hold him up to the sink. And he insists on throwing all dirty diapers into the garbage by himself - which normally I wouldn't mind - but he wants the poopy ones to go into his bedroom trash instead of outside. Sigh.
Sorry buddy, but I can't accommodate you on that one.
It's a good thing he's so cute and snuggly to make me forget when he's been a stinker.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lauren
We've hardly seen her this week because she's put in so many long hours at the
school to prepare for the play. Tonight is opening night...
Best of luck, Lauren!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gabe
completely melted my heart this week! 
In one of his prayers he said so sweetly, 
"I'm grateful I have such a happy, hardworking Mom... I REALLY love her." 
Afterward he told me, 
"I almost cried happy tears, 'cause I love you SO much."
Oh, Angel Babe, I love you too!!!
Sometimes I feel like the luckiest Mom in the world.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matt
When arriving back in town, Matt realized he'd lost his car key somewhere in his travels.
He needed me to make an emergency run to the airport to give him the
spare set so he could make it home.
He's worth the trip. ;D 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Candace
I got a couple of real treats this week. My sister and her son were in town for spring break, and she arranged a sisters & cousin's night out - so fun. Thanks Kel.  
And my college roommate Suzette, who I haven't seen in 8 years, was here to watch March Madness with her father and brother. It's kind of amazing to sit and talk with someone I knew "back in the day" and see where life has taken us - so many twists and surprises! We've learned so much and yet in many ways we're still the same. She's just one of those people I'll always love, even if we only get to see her once in a decade.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Chicks
They're in their awkward teen phase. They seem to grow an inch every night and their getting pretty crowded in the brooder. I'll be so glad when the barn gets here so we can move the brooder to a shelter outside. Though they aren't old enough to move to the yard, when the weather was nice, we let them have some time outside.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...