The Barn Raising!
Our family spent a considerable amount of time this week preparing for the
shed installation, but "The Barn" is finally here ~ YAY!!!
shed installation, but "The Barn" is finally here ~ YAY!!!
These stalwart workmen are doing a great job in spite of the cold and snow.
They're still building the barn as I type. One coat of paint was applied at the factory, but the workmen will have to come back under drier conditions to apply the second coat of paint.
We went with "English Pinewood" for the exterior;
I liked the gray-green as a compliment to our brick and siding colors
instead of trying for an exact match.
We're so excited! ;D
They're still building the barn as I type. One coat of paint was applied at the factory, but the workmen will have to come back under drier conditions to apply the second coat of paint.
![]() |
| Color Swatches I used to choose the barn colors. |
I liked the gray-green as a compliment to our brick and siding colors
instead of trying for an exact match.
Then there'll be white trim and "Aspen Gray" shingles.
I'll have to post pictures of the finished product later.We're so excited! ;D
Lauren
Lauren's play was a big hit. The seats were mostly filled for each performance
and Matt and I were able to attend Saturday's show.
The Technical Director gave special acknowledgment to people like Lauren who worked so hard behind the scenes. We've kept a play book the identifies Lauren as the Assistant Stage Manager, but we also wanted to do something special for her.
You know how the actors will often get flowers...
Well, we bought her a beautiful bouquet and took her out for ice cream.
The play was the Jr. version of "Once on this Island," so the set mostly consisted of palm trees. As we were leaving, the technical director told us, "Lauren's trees were the best!"
Pretty cute. Way to go, Lauren!
Pretty cute. Way to go, Lauren!
Her next major undertaking is the final draft of the country report she's been working on for two months, and the Country Fair that goes with it. Due next week!
Jared
Jared is creating a new language that I like to call, Reformed Yoda.
Instead of saying, "I'll hold the apple," it's ... "Apple hold"
or
"book get."
"coat put on."
"ketchups more?"
"jump bed not!"
"ketchups more?"
"jump bed not!"
Jared had his first bee sting on Wednesday. Max was with him when it happened and told me that Jared just PICKED UP the BEE! OOPS!
Serious tears! Jared didn't know the name of the creature that hurt him,
so he kept saying / asking, "Ant hurt!?" or "Sfider hurt!?" until we set him straight.
so he kept saying / asking, "Ant hurt!?" or "Sfider hurt!?" until we set him straight.
Now he walks around the house pointing to his finger and
giving all of us words of warning
giving all of us words of warning
"Bee Hurt!," "Bee bite... Don't Like!" or "Bee No Touch!"
Zach, Gabe & Max
SOCCER SEASON is HERE!!!
3 boys... 3 different soccer teams... 3 practices and 6 games a week!
Need I say more.
Good luck guys - It's going to be a great season!
*Final Note: If my posting becomes really erratic for the next 5 weeks, it's because
I'm far away from computers and camped out on soccer fields across town.
Just know that I'll resurface when the soccer chaos subsides. ;D





Your barn looks awesome! A couple of summers ago, Scott built a shed out back for all his tools but it took all summer long (and it is not completely done...it doesn't have windows or the door) I would much rather do it your way (having someone come put it up for you!) It looks great! good luck with soccer. I am not far behind you. Aidan is super interested in sports and I know I will signing him up soon for something (don't know what yet) and my other two boys are getting older and I know I will be doing the three boys in sports at the same time. So fun though! busy, but fun!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited to see the barn all put together! And I love the greenish color. Can we start calling you "Candace of Green Gables"?
ReplyDeleteThat cute little Jared...I actually said "aaahhh" when I saw that picture of him showing his bee sting. That is so cute and sad at the same time.
Sounds like a busy time with all those active boys..good luck with it all! Just know someone out in Cali thinks you can do anything!! (And you do!)