Friday, February 11, 2011

Family Friday: Feb. 11, 2011

Max
I struck parenting GOLD this week!!! Max was cleaning the living room as one of his "Friday" jobs, when he looked up from dusting and said with such sincerity...
Max: "Mom, I feel so proud of myself!" 
Me:   "What do you feel proud about buddy?" 
Max:  "For doing such good work!"
And he REALLY WAS! He must have caught the spirit of "a job well done," because he was cheerfully dusting every nook and cranny, and he even felt inspired to dust the back of the piano that's up against the wall! Don't ask me how he managed it, but he did. WAY TO GO, MAX!!! I told him, "Way to go the extra mile!" and he asked me what that meant. Then when Grandma Hunny was watching him, they were completing a list of chores on his chart and said to her, "Grandma, let's go the extra mile." LOVE IT!
_________________________________________
Jared
Jared's talking has progressed so much, that he's been able to say his first prayers this week. So SWEET!!! The kids were so charmed by his first prayer at dinner, that they began to clap and cheer.
(Not reverent, but meant to be encouraging.) ;D
__________________________________________
Lauren, Zach & Tetanus
We were watching a movie and a young islander boy cut himself with a rusty knife. He was sick and dying and Zach asked, "What's wrong with him?!"
Me: "He has Tetanus"
Zach: "What's Tannetris?"
Lauren: (said indignantly) "It's NOT Tann-et-ris!!! It's Tetris!"
I've never had tetanus, but I'm pretty sure I've been infected with Tetris a few times. ;D
___________________________________________
Ski Lessons & Report Cards
The boys had their best ski lesson yet. They were so excited to tell me how they went done the mountain three times. Gabe said, "Mom, I just LOVE making turns!" They really got the hang of it today, and I wish I could have seen them zig zagging down the mountain. However, I was meeting with all of their teachers at parent-teacher conferences.
As always, I heard great things about my kids and discussed things we need to work on.  It was really good. I always appreciate P-T conferences, and today I was reminded of how wonderful these teachers are. They work so diligently to teach and serve kids every day. I'm feeling a lot of gratitude.
___________________________________________
Anniversary... Plans
My anniversary was yesterday, and though Matt's travel means we'll celebrate later,
I'm SOOOOOO excited about our plans!!!
A stay at the Armstrong Mansion. Dinner at the Melting Pot.
Tickets to A Tale of Two Cities (a new musical just off Broadway.) I can hardly wait!
____________________________________________
Mother & Sons Night
One of the funnest things we did this week, was a Mother & Sons night at the Kyoto Restaurant. The chef was fabulous! He even invited the boys to take turns cooking. Gabe (who is my pickiest eater) actually loved all of the food, and we had such a great time doing something fun and different!


Knife Juggling




Onion Volcano





Oh! I managed to be on time most of this week - YAY! We were late to school once, but lots of improvement otherwise. Hope you had a great week too!



1 comment:

  1. How fun is that? A mother and sons night! And I love the tetris quote! Kids are so funny!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...