Me
- I had a fantastic weekend with Matt (dinner, theater, night away from the kids, and then a trip to the temple.) It was the perfect way to celebrate our anniversary! I loved it.
- But I seriously struggled through the rest of this week. Sick kids. Sick me. I finally went to get another shot for my foot, because I couldn't stand the pain any more. It's starting to feel little better, but need to be careful with it for a few more days.
- I got a new calling: Webelos Den Leader (for Zach.) I've been buying a uniform, patches, manuals, etc., and just trying to get my bearings. We were LATE to the Blue & Gold Banquet, which I struggled through without Matt (he's still in N.Y.) while my stomach was raging, Gabe & Max were loud & rowdy, and Jared was cranky, restless, and then hysterical when I was called up to the front of the banquet for an introduction. Not our finest hour! I'm actually hopeful that this calling will be a good experience for Zach and I, but it became obvious last night that I can't handle Jared at the pack meetings alone - and I'm always at Pack Meeting alone with the kids. So, I need a Plan B for that.
- I had my first round at running the Birthday Club for the PTO at the school. The regular leader just had a baby, so I'll be doing this for the rest of the year. It's not rocket science - just donuts for the kids who had birthdays this month, and beating off the other begging (and thieving) non-birthday children from the donuts. It went reasonably well, because my Mom watched Jared for me. She found out later that afternoon that she has skin cancer on her nose. She says she's not worried, and tells me not to worry either. Yah, right! They will operate on March 8th. I know the outcome can be good, but it's still worrisome.
Max
Is feeling better after his wretched flu bug earlier this week. Now, he's begging me to take him swimming, though with the snow this morning, I'm more likely to send him sledding.
----------------------------------------------------
Zach
Has felt sick & miserable most of the week and missed some school.
He received his last arrowhead and graduated to the Webelos at the Blue & Gold Banquet.
He's happy about me being his den leader, which is a great relief.
---------------------------------------------------
Gabe
Is the healthiest child on the planet! He's a lean, muscle-machine and once again, he managed to dodge the virus(s) we're passing around - Whew! He had a good week.
A girl secretly slipped a note into his folder that said, "Gabe, is the sweetest boy EVER!" Pretty Cute.
A girl secretly slipped a note into his folder that said, "Gabe, is the sweetest boy EVER!" Pretty Cute.
---------------------------------------------------
Jared
Got his first black eye from jumping on the bed. Ouch! He's still pretty cute with his shiner though. He's entered the "FICKLE" stage. He asks for milk and then screams when I hand it to him because it wasn't water. Matt says Jared is embodying that Katy Perry song, "Hot 'n Cold."
Sigh - somehow, this too shall pass.
-----------------------------------------------------
Jared
Got his first black eye from jumping on the bed. Ouch! He's still pretty cute with his shiner though. He's entered the "FICKLE" stage. He asks for milk and then screams when I hand it to him because it wasn't water. Matt says Jared is embodying that Katy Perry song, "Hot 'n Cold."
Sigh - somehow, this too shall pass.
-----------------------------------------------------
Lauren
This was our conversation this morning...
Lauren: "Mom, I signed up to participate Titan Idol" (the Middle School Talent Contest)Me: "That's great! So, do you need to start rehearsing a song?"
(I'm so glad to see her participating.)
Lauren: "Well the contest can be for any kind of talent."Me: "Uh-huh..."
(I'm thinking of Lauren's talents & training: Singing...Piano... Drawing)
Lauren: "And I signed up to be a Stand-up Comedian."Me: (like a deer in the headlights) ".................................................... "
(Way to spout those Words of Affirmation, Candace - Great job!!")
Lauren: "I'm planning to memorize my jokes, so I can tell them from memory."Me: (recalling Lauren's jokes) "okay?"
(Think, Candace! Words of Affirmation? Words of Affirmation?!?! Words of ....)
Me: "Hey, Lauren, you know Sister Shorten in Primary?"Lauren: "Yah"
Me: "Well her husband took a class in stand-up comedy and he's even performed a bit. Maybe he can give you some pointers if we arrange for you to talk to him. Would you be interested in that?"
Lauren: "Yah, I'd love to take a class in stand-up comedy."
Me: "Well, I don't know if there's a class available, but we can at least try talking to Bro. Shorten. By the way, how much time do you have to prepare?"
Lauren: "Uhmm??? I don't know..... there's a flyer..... somewhere."
Me: "Ooooo-kay..." : )
Stand-up comedy... here she comes.
---------------------------------------------------------
Matt
---------------------------------------------------------
Matt
Had an equally difficult week. Countless meetings and work overload.
His one good experience was that he got to see Wicked on Broadway,
(I'm so jealous!) and he said it was awesome.
For some reason, the hotel locked him out of his room last night, and it took an hour and a half to sort it out. Ridiculous! They were very apologetic, but it was one more struggle he didn't need.
He gets home this evening, and next week will be better for the family...
Right?.... Please?
His one good experience was that he got to see Wicked on Broadway,
(I'm so jealous!) and he said it was awesome.
For some reason, the hotel locked him out of his room last night, and it took an hour and a half to sort it out. Ridiculous! They were very apologetic, but it was one more struggle he didn't need.
He gets home this evening, and next week will be better for the family...
Right?.... Please?
Ahaha, that is such a funny story about Lauren! And you will be a great Webelos leader. I was a Bear leader in Iowa, and I always felt like the minute the boys figured out how to sit still and be really cooperative for a lesson/activity... then they moved up to Webelos. And then we'd start all over with a new group. But it's a great age.
ReplyDeleteAnd Wicked is SO great - hope you get to see it soon.
p.s. your family picture up top is awesome.
ReplyDelete