| BEFORE |
![]() |
| AFTER |
I've heard this question a lot in the last six months...
"How did you lose all this weight?!"
The next question is often... "Exactly how much have you lost?"
I'll just say it - I lost 40 pounds last year.
I've been hesitant to blog about it, mostly because I feel like a recovering alcoholic... always "recovering," never recovered. It's something that I'll need to be conscientious about my whole life. I'd even like to lose another 15 pounds, though medically, I'm at a healthy weight for my age & height.
Having said all that, I know I've learned a lot that's worth sharing. I hope that sharing this experience will help me keep a healthy perspective throughout my pregnancy, and offer a real answer to that repeated question... How did you lose the weight?
This will have to be a series. There's no way I can blog years of gathered information and habit changing into one post. The approach that makes the most sense to me is to note my bad habits, and how I've worked to develop healthy ones, which is why I've titled this series "Healthy Habits." So far, these are the posts I have planned:
Healthy Habits
- Committing to Healthy Living
- The Healthiest Foods
- A Plan, Accountability & Focus: How Weight Watchers Helped
- The Right Amount: Ending Portion Distortion
- Conquering Sugar Addiction
- Overcoming Emotional Eating
- Sleep: A Reservoir of Strength
- Exercise: "Shaping" up and feeling vibrant
- Leaping Over Pitfalls
- Rewarding Yourself
Blogging about this will be difficult for me. This isn't just a 'neat find'... it's personal... and I'm just plain embarrassed about the years I've spent "obese" (I really HATE that word, but it's totally accurate.) Perhaps this is one more step in making lasting changes.
I have to add that this has been a very spiritual journey for me too. I've learned a lot about repentance and the Word of Wisdom through this process, so don't be surprised when I share quotes from prophets, scripture, and church material that inspires me. Whatever healthy habits you want in your life, I hope you might find something in this series that inspires you too.
Coming next "Stylin' Saturday:"
Coming next "Stylin' Saturday:"
- Committing to Healthy Living - really understanding WHY you want to take care of the body God gave you, and taking responsibility for your gift of LIFE.

Ok, I have always thought you were so gorgeous and have told you this several times before. And I totally meant every word. But Candace, you look PHENOMENAL!!! My goodness! I am so excited you are blogging about this because I always think you are oh so wise and everything you do is always very well thought out. I love and miss ya!
ReplyDeleteCandace, you look so good! I was very touched by your post. Weight is not something that I have struggled with in my life, but I have struggles in other things and I don't know if I could blog about it....I admire you for being able to blog about weight struggles and through it help other people that maybe struggle with the same thing. One of my favorite shows is the Biggest Loser. These people have a weight problem and they have to change their lifestyle. I enjoy seeing them conquer something that is hard for them and see them take charge of their life. Even though I don't have a weight problem, I can apply it to other challenges that I have. Thanks again for a good post.
ReplyDeleteHoly cow you look amazing! Although bigger or smaller I've always thought you were beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThis year I plan on winning my battle with weight and I look forward to hearing your tricks and tips. Way to go, Candace!
I can't wait to hear more! I'm also so proud of you for tackling this obstacle while you are still having babies. Since having Kate, I have re-commited to exercise which has been great, but I haven't totally re-commited to healthy living and weight loss because I always make the excuse that I'm still having babies. So, what's the point of losing weight when I'm just going to gain it back...I need to stop making excuses. Thanks for being inspiring!
ReplyDeleteI might be most excited about this than anything else...and that is saying something because I am loving this new blog! I truly can't wait to hear about how you did it and find some motivation for myself :)
ReplyDelete