Monday, March 21, 2011

Keeping Track of Medication

I don't know about you, but when my kids go on prescription medication, I have a devil of a time keeping track of it.

Three days into the prescription, the doses start blending together in my mind and I'm left wondering,
"Did I already give you your meds this morning?"
or "Did we forget the meds last night?"

Then I'm stressing about missed doses or overdosing.
And if multiple children are taking multiple meds, there's just no way I can keep track of it in my head. I cannot remember!  

So, I usually make a simple chart and tape it to a cupboard door or above the sink. I like to note the number of days for the prescription, the time of day for the doses, and the day of the week.

I put a pen on the bread box for easy access, and every time I administer a dose, I just cross it off on the chart.

Seven days to go for Zach's ear infection, and no more mystery - Whew!

2 comments:

  1. What a great suggestion! I never even thought of that. I know in the past few weeks, Kalli, Aaron, Aidan and Ammon have all been antibiotics at one time or another and the same thing happened to me! This is a great way to keep track. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! Kiss that Boy for G. Hunny. Hope he gets well soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...