Friday, February 4, 2011

Family Friday: Feb. 4, 2011

Let's mix it up and go from youngest to oldest this week.

Bambino #6: I had a doctor's appointment on Monday and heard the little ones heartbeat for the first time. Beautiful! A strong and steady 175 beats per minute. I always find this visit reassuring, as though there had a been a small chance that I was actually suffering a combination of delusions, menopause and the flu. But now I'm assured that the little lamb on the way is real. The doctor said, we'll schedule the c-section for the 13th or 15th of August.  

Jared - who has been speech delayed - started talking up a storm this week! He's narrating just about everything that he's doing or that he's watching. I'm SO excited about this! He's also turning into such a HAM! He's also demonstrating how he doesn't miss a thing that's going on around the here, whether he narrates it or starts joining in. I realized that he's memorized the layout of the kids school as well, because he knew the exact series of doors we needed to enter to wind our way to Gabe's class today - he just lead the way without any question. He's also figured out where the teacher keeps the candy in the classroom, and he quickly helped himself to it before I could stop him. Clever Monkey!

Max had a good week, until we reached today. You see, Friday is our deep cleaning day. The kids get out of school at noon, and then they have several hours to get their chores done before their friends come home and can play. It usually works out well, but Max really REALLY hates chores. (I mentioned yesterday that he's a yellow - he's all about the fun.) So half way into the cleaning session he decided he'd had enough and began flopping around on the floor saying that someone needed to 'help' him. Max's idea of help is "You clean, and I'll watch." Thank heavens we had the school's 'Family Skate Night' to dangle in front of him and tempt him back into action. He eventually pulled it together and finished his chores just in time to go.


Gabe & Zach: there isn't much to report. They both had a good week. They (and all the kids) were really happy to receive a Valentine's package from Grandma Wright. She sent a fun calendar filled with lots of family pictures and some candy, along with Zach's early birthday present.


Lauren went to the school's Valentine's dance today - "The Lovey-Dovey Dance." I'm still a little dumb-founded that she's attending school dances (this was her 3rd,) but she has a great time with her friends. I'm also glad that she and her friends are dancing with a variety of people. There's no pairing off - whew!


Me:   I've been trying to build a file cabinet for to hold the piles of school papers that are multiplying in my kitchen and dining room.  However, Jared has been 'helping' me. Jared's idea of help is, "I'll hide the parts and you go and find them!" So after hunting and gathering multiple screws and brackets REPEATEDLY - thanks Jared - I reached the last step and realized that the pre-drilled holes for this particular step were drilled in the wrong spots. And naturally my battery operated drill is drained. Because I did more volunteering at the school this week, (lunch duty and 'Friday Fun') this file project is dragging on. I hope to have everything completed tomorrow. Oh, if only I weren't so tired lately!
     The highlight of my week was the Stake Relief Society fireside. It focused on Christ and 2/3 of was music, so it touched my heart in the most beautiful way. Several of the pieces were just amazing, and I think I've finally found the music I want for the interlude at Gabe's baptism in a few months. 
   
Matt was home this week. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! And sweet and helpful and making me wish he was here all the time. He knew I was exhausted, so he took the boys to the 'Skate Night' tonight and let me sit, and blog, and be the tired (but now very happy) pregnant lady. Good man! : D

1 comment:

  1. Time out. You are pregnant? Good thing I checked your blog!!!! How are you feeling? We must talk. I am so very excited for you!

    p.s. I almost laughed out loud at the menopause part. As if. Candace. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...